Absinthe 2.0 – iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak is here!
For those of you who have been patiently waiting after having updated you iPhones or iPads or your iPod Touch 4the Generation to the latest iOS version i.e. iOS 5.1.1, there is a good news. The untethered jailberak of iOS 5.1.1 finally here. After a long and patient wait, the untethered jailbreak for all the devices on iOS 5.1.1 is finally here.
For those of you who are using the latest iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and hadn’t updated because of the fear of losing the jailbreak, the wait is finally over. Given that Absinthe 2.0 supports all the three devices and offers an untethered jailbreak, yes untethered i.e. you wouldn’t have to connect the device to your computer every time you want to reboot the device.
Here is how you Jailbreak your iPod Touch/iPad/iPhone :
Download Absinthe 2.0.2 from(Depending on the OS you are using.) The download links are at the bottom of the page in the link.
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
Enjoy your Jailbroken iDevice.