R.I.P. Shammi Kapoor (21 October 1931 – 14 August 2011)
Shammi Kapoor (21 October 1931 – 14 August 2011) , the legendary film actor in Hindi Cinema in the late 1950s and 1960s and director passed away on the morning of August 14th, 2011 at 5.15 AM. Kapoor was admitted to Breach Candy Hospital on 7th August, 2011 suffering from chronic renal failure. His condition remained serious for next few days, kept under ventilator support. However, the actor passed away on 14 August, 2011, 05:15am IST at the age of 79 of chronic renal failure.
Featuring as the lead star of Hindi cinema during the late 1950s as well as the 1960s, Shammi Kapoor was flagged off as one of the finest actors that Indian Cinema Industry has ever produced. From his debut in Bollywood in 1953 with the film Jeevan Jyoti, he kept the world entertaining with hits like Tumsa Nahin Dekha, Dil Deke Dekho, Junglee, Dil Tera Diwana, Professor, China Town, Rajkumar, Kashmir Ki Kali, Janwar, Teesri Manzil, An Evening in Paris,Bramhachari, Andaz and Vidhaata. For his work in Cinema, Shammi Kapoor was also awarded various Awards mostly being the ‘Lifetime Achievement award’ or the prestigious ‘Living Legend Award’ at various Award Functions.
Various Hit Songs tied along the name Shammi Kapoor are
- Yuo toh hamane laakh haseen Tumsaa Nahin Dekhaa Singer – Mohammed Rafi
- Dil Deke Dekho Singer – Aasha Bhosale, Mohammed Rafi
- Yahoo, chaahe koii mujhe Janglee Kahen Singer – Mohammed Rafi
- Aye gulabadan Professor Singer – Mohammed Rafi
- Dil teraa deewaana hai sanam Singers – Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar
- Baar bar dekho hajaar baar dekho Singer – Mohammed Rafi
- Taareef karoon kya uski Singer – Mohammed Rafi
- Aaja aaja Main huin pyaar tera Singers – Mohammed Rafi, Asha Bhosle
- Aasaman se aayaa farishtaa Singer – Mohammed Rafi
- Aaj kal teree meree pyaar ke charche har jubaan par Singers – Mohammed Rafi, Suman Kalyanpur
You’ll truly be missed, Shammi-ji.